Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love My Kids {lunch boxes} Gluten free Grown up or Kid friendly Lunch

I hope to share some of my ideas for fun lunch boxes with you all through out the next school year. I am a Gluten-Free eater and so many of my ideas will also be Gluten-Free.

This is a meal that I created for myself but I was thinking also of my Phia. I could easily fix this entire meal for her to enjoy at school. The thing I love about this meal is that it is packed with nutrients and good flavors. It will fill you up, give you energy and won't make you feel heavy or tired. Sounds like the perfect teacher lunch to me! You could easily through in some crackers, pita or pretzels along with this meal for a those that just have to have the bread carbs to survive! If you just hate pickles, I'd use carrots or peppers.


  1. Roasted Chicken, Swiss, and Pickles "Sandwich Sushi" with Mustard for dipping
  2. Sliced Apples & Nutella
  3. Spinach Salad with Craisins and Walnuts with Balsamic Vinaigrette for dipping



  • To make the Sandwich Sushi, lay two slices of roasted chicken flat, Add a slice of pickle and a "cube" of swish and roll. Cut in half or thirds to make bite sized pieces. Serve with Spicy Brown Mustard for dipping. One serving is three rolls: (six slices of roasted chicken lunch meat, three cubes of cheese and about 1 half of a pickle sliced)


  • Slice up an apple and splash it with some lemon juice to keep it from browning or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh. Add 1 Tbs. of Nutella or Almond Butter, Peanut Butter or Sun butter.


  • Add about a cup of fresh Spinach leaves and 1 Tbs.. of Vinaigrette.


  • Add a few walnuts and a small handful of Craisins, blueberries, raisins or other dried fruit to sprinkle on the salad or eat on it's own.


Up-close look at the "Sandwich Sushi"

This Bento is a box that I found  at Gilt that just happens to be available again!

I hope that this lunch box inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...