Friday, May 27, 2011

Why do we go crazy over birthday celebrations?

So, I am in the middle of planning my almost 4 year old's Princess and Knights party for tomorrow and I began to wonder....why do I go nuts-o planning birthday parties?

The simple answer is this: My kids are already growing at a super fast pace and they will not want whimsical, fancy birthday parties for very much longer. When my kids are older and look back at their birthday pictures I know they will see love. They will see parents making beautiful memories for them and they will know that we cared to make their day truly special.

This is not to say a simple party can't accomplish the same thing. However,  for me, I truly ENJOY planning parties. It is so fun for me to make cupcakes and tissue pom poms. It's a blast to make colorful macaroons and decorate the room in pink and blue! I wish it could be my full time job! I don't want this phase to go by unappreciated by me!

I can't wait to show you all the cool things we've planned for the party. I hope to post sometime early next week with the birthday pictures and details. Stay tuned!

Oh, and that announcement, it's coming next week too! I'm so excited!
<3Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...