Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kind deeds at the front door.

It's that time of year again: the stores are stocking fall and winter items, Starbucks is serving my favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte and school is in full swing! So it's also time to plan our "Boo Your Neighbor" for this year. Do you not know what a "Boo Your Neighbor" is? Well, it's totally awesome fun so you should!

Here is our "Boo Your Neighbor" from last year: Boo'ing The Neighbors

Here's a great printable from Tomkat to use for your "Boo"

We are most definitely doing it again!

I've also been on the look out for ideas like this for all year round and I ran across this idea on Pinterest today, leaving cupcakes on the door for friends or neighbors:


Find the details and how to here: The Comfort of a Cupcake

I just love the simple gesture of letting someone know you care in some small token way. I know many times I feel I am too busy to be the kind of friend/neighbor that I want to be with full time school, kids and an adoption going on. It's things like this that inspire me to do little deeds when I CAN. We live in such a digital age and it's so easy to just text or message our friends to express our affection, prayers or sorrow...it's still important to us all to have some tangible evidence of friends and family who care. I know it is for me.

How would you feel if someone left a goodie on your door step? Have you done this or seen something like this? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...