Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jack's Airplane Birthday Party

I am beyond excited that my lovely sister Rebekah offered to share her party for my nephew Jack on my blog! She is so creative and talented! I hope that you are as inspired by her ideas as I am. I love the simple but thoughtful way she puts things together. If you would like to see more of her creativity you can check out her Etsy store here: Your Mom Designs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The theme - Airplanes

The two year old birthday boy - Jack

My kiddos and I recently took a trip by airplane to visit a sister and her family, this was the first airplane ride for my little boy, and boy oh boy did he enjoy himself... He loved every minute of it, and i knew at that point that I wanted his small little family birthday party to at least be themed one of his new favorite things, so we went for airplanes, and the planning and making began.

I had an vintage travel poster calendar from a few years back that i was able to repurpose and cute airplane silohouttes out of. i made 9 silhouhettes and then sewed them together by twos and threes and hung them by a suspended art wire right beside the goodies table. 



I happen to save things, lots of things, mostly when I envision turning them into a craft project of sorts someday. One of the many things I have been saving is airplane travel boarding passes, baggage claims and the like that I was able to turn into a collage and add to the airplane theme of the party, and now i have another piece of art to hang on my wall that is completely personalized and nostalgic. 


I completely went in an vintage direction with the airplane theme, especially after finding a vintage cosmetic case that I displayed as a gift holder.



There were many, many airplanes about.... I had to have a garland of sorts, and so i repurposed a very large and old world map into mounds of paper airplanes in various sizes that i attached to fishing wire and hung above our bar. 



And of course there was a need for a runway. and what better spot then the serving table, I don't seem to have a picture of it with all the food from the evening, but I do have a picture of the runway with several of the paper airplanes that party guests made for our paper airplane flying contest. 


Peanuts and clouds(white cotton candy) up for grabs.


Banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, topped off by propellers(wafer cookies and a meringues).


I wanted just a small detail for my little girl, so I made her a hair clip to resemble a paper airplane, and then made one for myself to match. 


and the birthday boy himself... dressed up in his pilot costume.
 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Rebekah for letting me share your party! The best part for me? Totally the adorable pilot pictured above and his gorgeous sister with her paper airplane hair clip! I want one of those for myself! 

Do you have a party that you would like to share? I would love to blog your party ideas too! Simply e-mail your party to sarahviera@yahoo.com with "party for blog" in the subject line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...